With the Belmont in New York this Saturday wrapping up Triple Crown Season, Sagamore Racing gives you an inside perspective on everything happening along the #TripleCrownTrail.
The posts are set for the running of the 147th Belmont Stakes and the odds are in. After a 37 year drought, horse racing may see its first Triple Crown winner since Affirmed in 1978. Looking to claim the $1.5 million purse, American Pharaoh yet again must be at his best to win the Triple Crown and solidify his place in history.
- American Pharaoh (2/3 Odds) – The stars have aligned for American Pharaoh’s ride to glory, having drawn the No. 5 post – a favorable position in the eight-horse field. After winning both the Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes, American Pharaoh’s endurance will be tested to win his third race in five weeks.
- Frosted (6/1 Odds) – The favorite to derail American Pharaoh’s Triple Crown hopes, Frosted drew the No. 6 post alongside the Belmont favorite. After finishing fourth at the Kentucky Derby, Frosted will be well rested for the Belmont.
- Materiality (6/1 Odds) – After finishing sixth in the Kentucky Derby, Materiality will be looking to make a statement coming out of the No. 8 post in his first career race at Belmont.
- Mubtaahij (10/1 Odds) – Coming from No. 1 post, Mubtaahij will have to hold his ground early on to avoid being pinned against the rails. An Irish-homebred, Mubtaahij finished eighth in the Kentucky Derby – his first race in North America – and hopes to bounce back to prove that he can run with the best all over the world.
- Madefromlucky (12/1 Odds) – Having passed on both the Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes, Madefromlucky will have to use his knowledge and experience of Belmont’s track to his advantage.